Erudite Club runs every Friday 3:15-4:30pm in W3 with Ms. Jones and Ms. Parkes. This club enables students to delve further into their academic subjects (supra-curricular), discuss current affairs and solve logic problems.
Students do not need to attend every week but are advised to join the Edmodo group.
Here are some of the types of questions and ideas we discuss in the sessions.
- What was the Watergate Scandal and how does it influence people today?
- What is going on with junior doctors and how do you feel about it?
- What are the causes and implications of recent changes to Do Not Resuscitate laws?
- Britain is no longer a Christian country. Discuss.
- How has Donald Trump managed to become so influential and what does this say about the US?
- Here are some ways Erudite Club members can stretch themselves out of school:
- Listen to podcasts:
- This American Life
- Stuff You Should Know
- Radio Lab
- Read books:
Jane Austen, Emily Bronte, Charlotte Bronte, Zadie Smith, Toni Morrison, Donna Tart, Suzanne Collins, Margaret Atwood etc.
- Follow Current affairs:
- Watch Ted Talks: https://www.youtube.com/user/TEDtalksDirector
Poor pupils 'more likely' to get an Oxford interview, says head of admissions