AQA Sociology Conference
AQA Sociology AS Revision Conference at Bentley Wood High School
Sociology conference for Year 12 students was hosted at Bentley Wood High School. The presenter was Mrs. Laura Pountney who is an experienced examiner, author of several Sociology textbooks as well as sociology lead teacher at Colchester Sixth Form College.
The conference offered an opportunity for collaboration between schools in Harrow collegiate. We had 25 students from Whitmore High School attending along with our sociology students. This conference was designed to make sure that students reach their full potential in their AS exams in May. The day was focused on making sure that students understand the exam papers, the skills required and the content. The aim of the conference was for students to:
- Feel more confident in understanding how to answer questions, building on what they already know.
- Be aware of the structure and timing of each exam paper.
- Understand the different skills being examined.
- Understand what the examiner is looking for in short and longer questions.
- Have lots of resources to help you organise your revision and increase your confidence.
Students also had a chance to ask questions and the day was highly interactive. The day was highly successful and we are hoping that we continue collaboration with other sociology departments in Harrow borough.
Social Science department