Women in Media
Women in Media Symposium at North London Collegiate School
Year 11 and Year 12 students from Bentley Wood High School attended a Women in Media Symposium at the North London Collegiate School. This event was designed to help students to explore different career options. The media industry is extremely diverse and our students came away from this event truly inspired and informed about some of the incredible opportunities that are available for them.
- Stevie Spring – Chairman of BBC Children In Need; Chairman of ITG group; Chairman of Kino-mo, and serving on many boards. In November she was named in GQ magazine as the one of the UK’s 100 most connected women.
- Sheena Amin – Senior Commercial Manager at Virgin Media.
- Juliet Mann – TV and radio presenter specialising in business news and has worked for CNN, BBC, CNBC, LBC Radio.
- Claudia Newman – Marketing Director and runs three accounts at RKCR/Y&R – Luxury French brand, Oxfam and Home Office.
- Lizzie Paton – European Style Correspondent at the New York Times based in London.
- Olivia Wayne – presenter Sky Sports News.
BWHS student had great opportunity to ask questions about media industry and to get inspired by these successful women.