- School Production The Lion King Read More
- Congratulations to Bentley Wood. 7th highest in the country for student progress Read More
- Readathon! We’re raising as much money as we can for children in hospital, whilst reading ... Read More
- Mock Resit Timetables 2016 Read More
- Vacancies: Temp PA to SLG Closing Date: 19 Feb 2016 Read More
Learning today: leading tomorrow
At Bentley Wood High School for Girls we are proud of our fine record of academic achievement within our safe, caring, stimulating environment where pupils learn happily and well.We encourage each girl to develop a wide range of skills and interests, to achieve her personal best and to work co-operatively with consideration for all members of our learning community at all times.
Janice Howkins Headteacher
" Outstanding teaching stimulates the students’ passion, igniting their enthusiasm and interests for learning. Teachers skilfully plan a range of activities that are very well sequenced and meet the needs of all learners. The quality of assessment is exemplary and information gathered is used very effectively to accelerate students’ progress."
"Students’ behaviour around the school and their attitudes to learning in lessons are exemplary. Exceptional relationships exist between students which are developed through a culture of trust and learning. They support and stimulate each other to learn even more."
Achievement is outstanding. Students’ progress is exceptional, resulting in above average attainment. Increasing numbers of students are attaining the highest grades at GCSE across many subjects.
Download our latest Ofsted Report